Ty loves mail. He talks about it all day. First thing he does when he wakes up in the morning is check to see if the mail is here. Our mail drops right into the house and there is a little opening next to the front door where Ty can get it. When it finally does arrive, which usually is not until 5:00 in the afternoon, he gets so excited. I usually hear a loud MAIL!!!!!!! He gets this from his favorite show Blue's Clue's. Lately I have been letting him open all the "junk" mail. He gets the mail out for me, hands it to me so I can go through it and find the ones for him to open. Then I give them to him. He has to take each one and sing the Blue's Clue's mail song, which goes like this:
Letter from Grandma and Grandpa Thompson
Letter from Grandma Crosby
Letter from Grandpa Crosby
Letter from Cousin Sam
AND letter from Kat and Lily
Here's the mail it never fails
it makes me want to wag my tail
when it comes it makes me wail
MAIL!!!!!
This is then followed by this song, also from Blue's Clue's
We just got a letter
We just got a letter
We just got a letter
I wonder who it's from?
He also loves to send mail. All of the credit card applications come with a return envelope. He has to take these and find something to put in them. They are all over my house. The other day I had lost some checks that I needed to take to the bank. I looked everywhere and couldn't find them. I then realized Ty would have thought they were the perfect size to put in his envelopes. I had just thrown away a whole stack, so I had to go through the garbage. Sure enough, inside one of his envelopes, I found my checks. Today I found my library card in one. He is such a goof!
So thank you to everyone who heard about his obsession and sent him some mail. He has loved it! He gets so excited! I started taking a picture of him with his letters, I didn't realize we would get so many!
Letter from Grandma and Grandpa Thompson
Letter from Grandma Crosby
Letter from Grandpa Crosby
Letter from Cousin Sam
AND letter from Kat and LilyHere is a video of his first real letter.
(Can somebody tell me how you put all the pictures together. I wanted to group 4 of them together, but I can't figure it out. HELP!)
10 comments:
Hi Ty,
We just got your package and letter! Thank you! We will send you a letter back. Becca, you are incredible!
Okay, girl - some on down and I'll impart my great wisdom upon you. Anytime. Ty and Cody can play in the Grammuh room!!
I actually meant "Come on down" but then, you probably already figured that out. Duh.
Thanks a lot Bec. Now i'm homesick for the little guy. Can't wait to see him in July. What a little sweetheart.
I wish I was that excited to get the mail. I HATE getting the mail because all it is bills and junk!! I love the video. I bet John and Diane loved watching that!
Cute Cute!! I especially love the song. I hope to see you in a couple weeks.
What a fun entry to look at, read, and listen to! I feel the same way about mail that Britton does - bills and junk. Very rarely is there anything FUN in there! Can I drop off all my mail at your house?
How cute is that! We'll have to have Summer send Ty a letter:)
A. I didn't know I was supposed to remove the stamps on my letters first!
B. I didn't know the word "open" was spelled, o-m-p-e-n, Becca. JK You're cute.
C. I was supposed to mail your PChef stuff yesterday but we didn't have time. Sorry, I'll do it on Monday, mmkay?!
D. Ty is very cute little boy.
Hey Becca, it's Ashley from Ecuador! I saw your address on Kat's blog, and came to check you out. I just started a blog this weekend, so check it out. It's calebandash.blogspot.com. Your little boy is SOO big, Last time I saw him he was a couple months old! WOW! Well, your family is so cute, and you look great!
Post a Comment