Saturday, March 08, 2008

Lonely

I seem to have a post like this every year at this time. Two months into tax season and feeling like it will never end. It's Saturday night 9:11 p.m., the kids are in bed, Ryan's at work and I am here. Lonely and sad. Have I ever mentioned I hate tax season. Well, like my mom always says, "This too shall pass." I guess I'd better go do something to get my mind off of it. BOO!

P.S. Poor Ryan, Saturday is just another work day to him.

P.S.S. Poor Ty, who begged and begged his Daddy to let him go to work with him this morning.

P.S.S.S. Poor Cody, who doesn't know what's going on, but he loves his Daddy and wants to see him more.

P.S.S.S.S. Ha, just kidding, that's all of them. I'm done!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there - when your kids are older and less demanding, you'll thank your lucky stars to have a little time to yourself! Sorry, Ryan. You're the top but all women love some alone time now and then!

Carol said...

Been there, done that. Try it with seven kids, a bishop husband AND tax season. No wonder Kathryn once asked if her dad was dead. She just wondered that because she hadn't seen him for awhile, but couldn't remember having a funeral for him. (Her friend's father had recently passed away.) To Rawl's credit, he had been in Kansas City all week.

John & Diane Thompson said...

Hey, have you tried cuddling up with two dogs and reading a good book? Or cuddling with two dogs and working on your scrapbooks? Or cuddling with two dogs and watching "Phantom of the Opera"? It's worked for me. Tax season is the pits for both of you and the kids...but it's nice when the bills come. There's a rainbow...hold on.

Kat said...

You are a nerd.

Kat said...

Oh and i'm sorry that you are lonely. I know how you feel. Try having a husband in dental school. You should just call me when you are lonely because there is a pretty good chance that I will be lonely too. Love ya.

Thompson Family said...

I'm sorry about all the alone time. You can always give me and Summer a call...Dusty's also working a lot these days--not as much as Ryan, though. Just think, only a month and a few days left:)

Familia said...

Oh Miss Becca, I know how ya feel! It's always work,school,studying,work,school,studying!!!Arghgh!!! It's the worst! Don't you wish I were there to pester you!!! ha ha ha ha!!!

stacie said...

ok, so i looked up those pictures of ty and cody. they are SO UNBELIEVABLY cute!! i'm somewhat obsessed with our wedding photographer, duston todd, but your photographer could really give him a run for his money. i can't believe how great they turned out. one day, after matt writes a bestselling novel, i will have to look her up :)

Emily said...

What happened to my comment? I left it like forever ago. Anyway, what I said was you should just always come and visit me during tax season, every year. Ok? See you next year. Oh, and I listened to the Crosby Sisters and Friends cd last night. I miss singing with you and Kathryn! It was fun.