Another 50+ degree day, and another day spent outside. This time we went to Wheeler Farm. It is such a great place! If you haven't been, I highly recommend it. First of all, it is free. Unless you want to do a tractor ride or milk a cow, which is 50 cents. Very affordable, and we have done it all, and it is a blast! Right now is really fun because they have a lot of baby animals. Ty loved the baby cow, but I couldn't get a good picture. The cow only wanted Ty to pet his back side, and it didn't make the best picture. Trust me though, it was really cute. We also fed the ducks and climbed in the tree houses. Both the boys loved it and I am sure we will be back again soon!
Ty was concentrating really hard trying to throw the bread over the big goose, to the hungry ducks waiting behind, but that goose was to tricky and he ended up getting all of the bread.
Cody just watching and sucking on an orange. I love these little net things, I can't remember what they are called but you can put just about anything in them and then the baby can suck on them without choking.
This was Ty's FAVORITE duck. (The cream colored one.) I didn't even notice until Ty said that. It was a very pretty duck.

Ty chasing ducks, luckily they didn't turn around and chase him!
I have decided Turkeys are VERY strange. I mean look at this thing, and then it kept moving its head back and forth at us. Ty thought it was funny.
Oink, oink.
This was my favorite part. I thougt these little lambs were so cute. Ty wasn't that impressed, even though I explained many times these were brand new baby sheep. There was so much more that I didn't get pictures of. Petting roosters, rabbits, horses, more roosters, and of course the tree house. As we were leaving I asked Ty if he had fun, and he told me yes, but asked if Summer could come next time. So it looks like we need to make another trip Dusty and Melissa. I hope you are up for it!
13 comments:
Okay, that turkey is really scary! Wow, I didn't even know what it was at first! I love the cute little pigs and the sheep, so much fun. I am loving this warm weather, I can't wait for it to really start warming up!
You are such a good mother! I'm so impressed with all the things you do with your boys. What I admire the most is how you talk to them constantly and explain everything so well. Keep it up.
Have you read Grandmother's book and her stories about when they raised turkeys? Glad I don't remember those days. But I do remember raising lots of chickens; from chick to freezer.
That sweet little lamb reminds me of the many "bummer" lambs I had to bottle feed, including Fuzzy. She was a truly unique sheep who thought she was a cow.
Oh, Bill and I used to go to Wheeler Farm a lot- it was in walking distance. I remember staring at that turkey for long periods of time. His gobble thing gets longer and redder the more upset he gets.
Weird that I have never been there. We will have to take Ko when we come home. That looks really fun! I too love the net things, they are a gem. And that baby lamb is ridiculously cute!
becca, i'm trying to create a recipe sharing blog for my mom's side of the family. do you have any idea how to make it a group blog and add different people?
I'm pretty sure somebody turned that turkey inside out. Poor hideous creature - probably would look better on a platter!
We would love to go! I'm glad that Ty wanted Summer to come - that is so cute:) I bet they would have a blast!
I took Bevin to the park the other day for the first time and thought of you... You are always out and about doing such fun things with your little ones. That turkey might give me nightmares!!
PS-Yes I did take that picture... I just edited it in my photo shop on my computer to change the color and add the border.
where is the turkey behind all that red goop? Cute pictures! other than the turkey one.
Ok that is the ugliest turkey I have ever seen. I can't even tell what it is. That looks like so much fun. I wish we could have come. We will have to go in the summer when we are visiting although I don't know how Lily will react. She is horrified of our neighbors dog.
What a fun day you had! Wheeler Park is a great place to spend a couple of hours, huh! We need to get the whole fam together again soon - we don't get to see you guys often enough!
Post a Comment