Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Elephants, Who's and Leprechauns

I am off to Ohio tomorrow to visit my sister, but I wanted to get this on here before I forget. Ty got to go see his first movie this week on the big screen. He loves the book Horton Hears a Who, so when I saw it was coming out as a movie, I was really excited to take him. We went to Ihop the night before for dinner because Ryan was going to be home late, and little did we know, they were doing a big promotion for the movie. So Ty got to eat Jo Jo's breakfast, which he was very excited about and loved! Then the next day my mom and I took him to the movie. He doesn't even sit through movies at home so I was a little nervous. He did great though and when we were leaving he asked if we could come again some time.


That night I went on a search for green shirts for my boys to wear for St. Patricks day. Who knew that was going to be so difficult. I went to 6 different stores and couldn't find anything. So I settled for these, which turned out pretty cute. Ty woke up and I made him go in and pinch his daddy since he wasn't wearing any green. Luckily he didn't notice that I wasn't wearing green either.














Cody wasn't real excited about having his picture taken so this was the best I got. Our big St. Patricks Day celebration was eating Leprechaun pancakes, and Leprechaun juice. I just colored them green. Ty was a little disgusted at first, but then when he realized they tasted the same as usual he loved it. We had some left over and he was asking for leprechaun juice and leprechaun pancakes all day today.















It was so much fun! I love that he is old enough now to get excited about the holidays. I am sad I will be gone for Easter. I am taking Cody with me but Ty is staying home with Grandma and Daddy. So it is up to Ryan to be the Easter Bunny.

8 comments:

Emily said...

You fun mom, you! I learned how to make green tortilla chips. It was fun.

Becky said...

You do such cute things! I did blue dinner once for April Fool's Day...it didn't go over so well. Nobody could stand to eat blue food.

Carol said...

Today Ty saw me drinking my "green" drink, (lots of kale,an orange,apple,mango and banana, blended in water, with powdered greens added) and said, "Oh, great! Leprechaun juice." He drank some and actually seemed to enjoy it. However, chocolate milk won out.

stacie said...

we are so bummed that you are going to be gone when we are in town for easter. tell kathryn and sarah we said hi (oh, jacob too). happy easter!

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Ohio! Happy Easter!

julib said...

I love that picture of Ty trying to hold Cody! AAHHHHH!

Gina said...

I love how you get into the holidays. I need to be more like you! We are making our blog private tomorrow so send me an email so I can send you an invite.

gina_ut@hotmail.com

Kat said...

Appearantly you couldn't find St. Patty P.J's so you had to settle for christmas. Close enough I guess. Thanks again for comming to visit. It was tons of fun. I hope you guys had fun. I miss you already.