So tonight we went to Ryan's brother's house to watch the Utah game. Ryan's brother Dusty joined us as well. So the lil munchkins all got to play together while we watched the game. The only bad thing about these three little ones together, I'm talking Ty, Summer and Jake, is they know how to make a mess. One toy is not enough. They usually aren't satisfied until they empty the toy box. So tonight was no different. They were on a destruction path the minute they got together. Ty is probably the ring leader so I had tried to explain to him before we got there that making messes is not nice. We need to play with one toy at a time, and clean up after ourselves. Yeah right! He didn't listen. While playing downstairs, the kids got into Meg's room (Jake's older sister) and destroyed the place. I don't know who started it, but it was bad. They found a jar of sand and seashells and emptied it all over the floor, table and bed. They pulled blankets and pillows off the bed, and they pulled most of the toys out. Andrea was less than pleased. We asked the kids who did it, and they all blamed the other. So, we helped clean up and then we left. That is what I told Ty we would have to do if he made a big mess.
He felt pretty bad about it. In the car I told him that was notty and it made Meg really sad. A few minutes later he asked me if I wanted to hear the story of Meg's room. I wasn't sure what he was talking about, but I said yes, and this is what he told me.
"Once upon a time, there were three little monsters. The three little monsters went into Meggy's room. The first thing WE (he was incriminating himself through the whole thing) did was pour the sand and seashells ALL over the floor. Then, the next thing WE did was put band-aids and sticks on the table. (I'm not sure what he is talking about but Andrea, if you are reading this, you might want to check for band-aids and sticks.) We DESTROYED (said with much enthusiasm) Meg's room. The next thing WE did was hide in the closet. Then we went out.
I asked him what these monsters names were.
He said, "My name is hootie monster, and Summer is hootie monster and Jakey is hootie monster, and together we are the hootie monsters."
Okay, I know I was mad at him, but this was hilarious! He made up his own story. I love it! I had to have him tell it to me again when we got home so I could write it down. At one time there were only two monsters, but the next time there were three. He can sure be a pain, but he is pretty cute too.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Meg's Room
Posted by becca at 9:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is soo funny. Remind me not to let you bring them to my house ever. JK. I can't wait to see those little hootie monsters.
oh and this is kat not Jacob
That story is too FUNNY! Those three...
I know that Summer played a big part in the mess - she LOVES Meg's room. What are we going to do with them:)
It just gets worse! Seriously! My kids are SOOOO bad at stuff like that. I'm not even phased by it anymore unless it involves something permanent...like nail polish or sharpie markers.
Future writer coming up. He's just collecting experiences for a later best seller.
Post a Comment