Saturday, November 08, 2008

I GOT IT!!!!!!

Who knew that my local grocery store sold fancy cameras, and who knew it was on sell for $200 off! When I saw this I knew it was meant to be. This was the camera for me. I pretty much stole it I got such a good deal! I was and still am so excited about it! I knew it was going to be a long road learning how to use it and after reading about half of the instruction manual (that seems written in a different language) I am realizing just how long that road is going to be. Lucky for me this camera comes equipped with auto settings too, so while I learn I can still take awesome pictures. I have been playing around with it a bit, changing the aperture trying to get a really cool picture with a clear shot of the person I'm shooting and a blurry background, but so far it all turns out blurry. It is a lot of fun though. I am loving it. So here is my first photo shoot-Bath Time.........

This is a picture to show Cody's nice round head. That helmet really did pay off. Also notice Cody's short hair. I finally got him to hold still for a hair cut. It is pretty short, but he looks handsome. Ryan, Ty and Cody all have the same cut now.
Ty wasn't really cooperating with my picture taking, but look at his eyes in this one. I love this camera!

I was having a hard time getting both of them in a shot together. This is as good as I got. Aren't these pictures awesome?

14 comments:

Kat said...

I noticed Ty's eyes too before I read what you wrote. That is a good camera. Mine would never capture the water splashes like that. If Lily makes the tiniest motion during a picture it will be blurry. I guess I should just be grateful I have a camera that works.

Emily N said...

Great pictures and adorable kids! What kind of camera is it? I also want to learn about photography. I've learned tiny bits, but mostly use the auto settings on mine- I don't have an SLR or a DSLR. Anyway, I'm so happy for you!

Alesha said...

Ok Do I need that camera? I have been telling Phil about one I want for my birthday because I DESPERATELY need one...The pics are awesome!

Anonymous said...

The photos are great, but I don't think they would be as cute if your kids weren't also as good-looking as they are.

Familia said...

Nice work miss becca those pics are just great! Your boys are adorable so cute!!! Love the new camera!

Gina said...

They really do look great! I am glad you finally got it!

Carol said...

So a good camera DOES make a difference, eh? Maybe I need to chuck my old film camera and go digital. But then again, do I ever take any pictures? As I recall, all you kids complain that you didn't have cute, up-to-date baby books, so it would probably just be a waste of money. Now, about that solar generator, or solar battery charger. . .

Congrats on such great pictures my dear.

stacie said...

very cute pictures. what kind of camera did you get? I have to tell you, I'm pretty jealous that you got such a great deal. I'm a huge fan of good deals and I'm always a little bummed when I miss out on one :)

stacie said...

oh and I don't know if you ever saw my comment about the road...I'm so glad you finished it, even if it wasn't one of your favorites. matt was very happy too.

Ashley said...

Wow, what an awesome camera. I love your kids eyes. I've always thought they were great being so big and brown, and wow...those eyelashes. If you ever have girls, their sisters will probably hate them.
Also, I love that picture with the water splashing. What a nice camera! (and congrats on the awesome deal, that makes it way better!)

Thompson Family said...

What cute pictures and what cute kids! I'm glad that you were able to get a new camera!

Kelcie said...

your boys are so dang cute! and have such beautiful eyes!

brady and britton said...

I always knew I was Ryan's favorite cousin!! Oh my gosh, Ty and Cody both have beautiful eyes! They will make all the girls jealous with those eyelashes! I love the pictures and your new camera works GREAT! I love the last one of them splashing around in the bathtub. It's so cute!

michael said...

Awesome pictures Becca, those almost look as good as the rest of the pictures on the blog. Just kidding. Now that you got the camera you will be spending LOTS of money for lenses and software to enhance your photos. Have fun. Kristine has really gotten into it as well.