Sunday, April 06, 2008

You've Got to be Kidding Me!


That is what Cody said when he found out how much his head has grown in the last five weeks. He is trying to convince the doctors to let him take the helmet off a month earlier then planned. This may not mean anything to you, but in five weeks his head measurements went from 9mm difference between diagonal 1 and diagonal 2 to 2mm difference. His head grew 7mm on the left side! His little head looks so good. The doctor almost let us go to just nighttime wear, but decided we should go one more month full time. That is still going to be a month shorter than planned. HOORAY!! Here is a picture of his latest scan. The red line is his first scan and the blue line is his scan from last Monday. You can see all his growth has been on the left side, right where we want it to be. (The bump on the front of his head is not a growth, it is from the nylon they put over his head to do the scan.) Way to go Cody! Keep growing! I must say though, he has been so good about wearing that helmet. It has actually saved his head a few times from what could have been some pretty nasty bumps and bruises. I think he might miss it when we take it off.

12 comments:

brady and britton said...

Holy cow, that's a huge difference! I'm really glad to see that the helmet is really working and doing what it's supposed to do. That's great!!

Alesha said...

That is so great! His little head is SO cute! So did you go to the Doc thinking he needed a helmet, or did they tell you. One of my friends is stressing that her little boys head is too flat on one side...

michael said...

His head looks almost too perfect now. Very round and perfectly symmetrical. I am a little jealous.

Ashley said...

I didn't know anything about your little family till this blog, so I didn't know your son had to wear a helmet. I do hope all is ok. He is adorable!

Emily said...

Congrats, but I bet you're gonna miss that helmet!

julib said...

Wow! That is so awesome. I hardly recognize him though without it. Last Sunday Emma said "Mom, there is an army baby!"

Anonymous said...

Way to grow, Cody!

Thompson Family said...

Cody's going to have the most perfect head out of all of us by the time he gives up the helmet! It looks SO good!

stacie said...

nice work cody! we're so glad the helmet has been worth it. he is such a cutie.

Emily N said...

Seeing these results make me wish we would have pushed for a helmet. That is awesome!

Becky said...

Yea for Cody!!! I think his brain must be getting bigger inside there.

Gina said...

Good! I am glad there is some definite progress! One month to go! YaY!