Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Very Polite Little Boy

Ty has always been really good about saying please and thank you. He is just a really sweet boy. Lately he has become so kind (not to little brother Cody mind you) I find myself laughing because it just isn't something I expect from a 2 year old.

I first noticed it a few days ago when we were at the pharmacy getting a prescription for Ty's ear ache that just won't go away. After paying for it, I told the clerk thank you. As we turned around to leave Ty yelled back at him, "You're supposed to say you're welcome." I hurried away hoping he didn't hear. The days following I noticed him saying please, thank you and you're welcome a lot. Even when it wasn't necessary.

Then today, he was out of control. This was the conversation we just had.

Me: Ty, we need to clean the living room up before we eat lunch.

Ty: Okay, great!

Me: Ty can you take this toy to your toy box?

Ty: I sure can mommy. (I have no idea where he got that.)

Me: Thank you.

Ty: You're welcome. I want to turn on the vacuum.

Me: Okay, can you go unwind the cord?

Ty: I sure can mommy.

Me: Thank you.

Ty: You're welcome.

What? He has given me all of those answers before, but not overloaded like that. It was too cute. What a sweetheart. Hopefully he keeps it up. I like those answers. Much better then the "NO" I was getting a few months ago.

8 comments:

Brady and Britton said...

Hopefully it will stay this way all up until his teenage years!! He is so cute!

M I N D Y said...

I can just imagine his cute little voice saying all those wonderful things!! How lucky you are!

Alesha said...

That is too cute! How old is he? When is Koen gonna start saying that instead of "NO" it is getting SO old!

Thompson Family said...

Ty is a sweetheart:) Hopefully some of his good manners will rub off on Summer:)

Gina said...

That is so cute! I can't wait for that stage! Kade is pretty good at cleaning up, but not nearly so cute about it.

Kat said...

Where is Ty? What have you done with him and who is that little boy living in your house?

Kris and Brent said...

Don't you just love the "nice" stages? Cherish them, glory in them, bask in them -- all too soon they will just be a memory! Just kidding.... not really!

Emily said...

I'm glad he told the guy at the pharmacy to be nicer. That's funny.