Thursday, February 14, 2008

What a Beautiful Head!


That's what I think anyway. Doctors don't agree with me. After much deliberation, and a couple different opinions, we have decided to go ahead with a helmet for Cody. His head is a little flat in the back, despite my many efforts to avoid it. I thought now that he is on his tummy most of the day and night it would start to get better, but after two months there is still no change. :(! So yesterday we went in to get him fitted and by the end of next week he will have a very stylish, very expensive piece of head gear. He will have to wear it 23 hours a day for 3 months! I am so scared about how he will handle it! I can't imagine sleeping with a big helmet on my head! Poor little guy. So pray for my little Cody that he will like his fancy hat!

7 comments:

Sasha said...

He will be even more handsome! My friend had one for her son & she decorated really cute for him. oxoxox

Emily said...

It's a good thing time goes by so fast! We'll be thinking of him!

Chelsea said...

Becca- this is Chelsea Horsley. Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you... I just noticed your comment! Anyway, so you already went to your 1st fitting, right? Did you go to Shields? Really, don't worry AT all about your little boy noticing it. It's so weird, but they really don't even "get" it. My little girl, Tate, never fussed about it once. It was like she just thought this is what everyone has. It's amazing how fast they adjust. So, I wouldn'y worry about that at all. I, on the other hand had a hard time with it. Let me just be completely honest, it's a pain for the parents. They sweat really bad in it and it REAKS! Also, you will get TONS of people staring, kids pointing, and people asking you what happened. It was hard for me at the beginning, I am really sensitive. But towards the last month I didn't even notice people staring. I knew people were judging me- I even had a lady tell me that is was so sad how parents aren't as nurturing these days... we don't hold our kids enough so they get flat heads! Uhh! Most people are pretty nice when you tell them, but of course you'll get the occassional tactless person. As far as her results- they are great!! Her head looks SO much better and I am sooooo glad we did it! You would never even think she had a flat head before. It's amazing how fast it changes too. Anyway, sorry for the novel. Good Luck with it- let me know how it goes...

Emily N said...

We thought Sally Rose was going to need one for a while. His head doesn't even look mishapen- I'm sure it will do the job quickly. Now, you only have to hope Ty doesn't get jealous. Love you!

Emily N said...

Oh yeah, I meant to tell you that we are very new with this pregnancy- 7 weeks. So excited though!

Alesha said...

Ya Koen almost had one too, and I swear his head was WAY more flat that cute Codys! I hope he does ok with it!

Gina said...

I hope the helmet is going ok. I never noticed his head being flat though. Hopefully he won't have to have it for too long :(