Sunday, July 06, 2008

Reality Check

My brother Mike has informed me that my blog makes him feel bad. He claims that when he reads it he dreams that his life could be as perfect as ours. All my posts about frollicking in the country, playing at the park, what I love about.....it all just seems too perfect. So, I apologize for only posting positive things on my blog. Our life is not perfect. We have our ups and downs. We have days like today where I put my kids to bed at 7:30 because they were driving me absolutely bonkers. So this post is only for Mike. Any who continue to read on I will put this warning: This is going to be sad, ugly, and downright depressing. Read at your own risk.

My Wish List

1. I wish I could get Ty to stop hitting, biting and pinching. I think I have taken away every single one of his toys for hitting. The plan is that every day he goes without hitting, pinching or biting, he can get a toy back. So how come I still have all his toys? Any suggestions?

2. I wish I could keep my house clean. I try, and try but it is always a mess. I will spend a whole day cleaning and then the next day it is a complete mess again! Why?

3. I wish we could get our yard under control. We have done a lot of work on it this year, but there is still SO MUCH to do. It frustrates me!
4. I wish I could be more patient with my children sometimes.

5. I wish I could get some self control and eat healthier.

6. I wish my teeth were straight and I didn't have vampire fangs.

7. I wish I could afford to buy a beautiful knotty alder front door with a dark stain on it.
instead of this ugly thing.......

8. I wish I could take pictures like Skye Johansen!

9. I wish I had scrapbooks done for my boys already. I am such a slacker!

10. I wish my family, especially my brother Mike, all lived here in Utah.

Well, I think that about does it. Not so perfect after all, huh Mike!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becca--

I've been thinking a lot lately about the law of entropy. Gardening, housework and laundry are my constant reminders that things, left to themselves, will deteriorate. I've just put in my 45 min. of weeding in the flower beds, but when I looked at my vegetable garden (which was pristine before we began our McMullin family reunion last week) I was overwhelmed with its disastrous state of weeds. When I get done with laundry, everyone takes their clothes off for the day. When I clean the kitchen we make another meal. When you figure out how to keep your house clean and your yard under control, you'll make a mint in book sales.

I've never thought you led a perfect life, but I enjoyed commiserating with you a bit this morning.

Kari

Alesha said...

You are too funny. Isn't it funny how if we sit down and think about it we could think of soooooo many things we "want"! I can too. And just for the record your door rocks...haha we have a door down the street from us with that exact same Amish thing on it!

Becky said...

You're funny. Now for my wish, I wish I had your georgous legs!

stacie said...

just read your post after getting two of the three kids down for a nap. (jack is jabbering, not sleeping, but i'm still counting it). i'm happy to know i'm not alone. (oh and while you are wishing you had a different door, i'm wishing i actually owned my own door) it was so good to see you all...can't wait until august!

Thompson Family said...

I, too, have been told that I only post "happy things" on my blog that make my life seem perfectly lovely. Maybe I should blog about my wish-list, too...mine would be pretty scary:) For instance (1) I wish Summer wouldn't whine at me ALL DAY LONG; (2) I wish that Mandy would let me get more than 5 hours of sleep at night; (3) I wish that Dusty could take a 3-day vacation without feeling like we're headed to the poorhouse; etc. etc. etc.

michael said...

Wow, I actually feel better after reading your blog today, although my kids go down at 6:30 sometimes. I don't even own a house to try and keep clean, and I've had pizza for dinner the last two nights. But who's keeping score? The door is...interesting. I wish I lived in Utah so I could do something about those teeth. YIKES!! Just kidding, not really. It was good to see you, hopefully we can do it again sometime.

Mike

julib said...

I am so excited for Cody! I saw him in church on Sunday. No rest for you though:( I think your yard is coming along great. And what do you mean, I think your door is wonderful! That buggy and horse are so classic! ;)

brady and britton said...

I loved this! It's so true, there are so many things in life that we wish we could change. People are always saying how much fun stuff Brady and I do, but in reality, I feel like I only post the fun stuff. No body ever hears about the nights when we don't do anything, you know? Great post.