
Here is the sign Ty helped me paint. Ty was sure excited to go to the airport. He couldn't really remember Uncle David, but he knew he liked him because he got to go to the airport to pick him up. No other place is packed with as many elevators and escalators. Here we are waiting.

and waiting......we had a little scare and thought we were going to miss him, so we rushed to the airport and ended up being an hour early.

Finally he came!!!!! Stephen went out to pick him up, so that is Stephen behind him.

Mom and David hugging for the first time in two years. I cropped this picture funny because I wanted to show Ty running to Uncle Steve. You can see the top of his head in the bottom right. He totally skipped David and ran to his favorite Uncle Steve to give him a hug. It was cute since everyone else was focused on David.

Ty and David. They have already become great buds! Ty was a little nervous at first but after spending all day yesterday with him, he thinks he is pretty cool. On the way home we stopped and saw the Joseph Smith movie at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building as per David's request. We hadn't seen it yet and it was really good. Ty and Cody sat through the whole thing. I was really impressed! It is so great to have Dave home. I can't wait to spend more time with him.
6 comments:
The picture of Ty with the sign is so cute! I am seriously lovin his hair!
Welcome home, Dave.
It's about time you got those pictures up. He looks exactly the same except his hair is shorter than I have ever seen in my life. I think it is cute that Ty went running to Steve. I like the look on Steves face too as he is getting ready to greet Ty.
Who are those people you are calling Dave and Steve? Not the ones I knew that were shorter than me, bit me and bugged me all the time. It's fun to see them all grown up, and cute that Ty loves Steve so much. I'm glad David came home safe and sound.
That is awesome. Nothing better than welcoming home a missionary! I love the swiper prayer! Keep those Ty stories comin!!
What a fun post, Becca! I, too, am loving Ty's hair.....Missionary homecomings are so great - I still remember my first "home" hugs with Matt, Nate, Phil, Dustin, and Brady. They are the best!!!
Post a Comment