As I have mentioned before, I am taking care of my mother-in-laws dogs while they are on a mission in Tonga. I was feeling bad because Diane is such an active person, and always took the dogs on walks, and hikes and all sorts of adventures. I haven't been so good. When it was warm, we got out to the park a few times, but now that it is freezing cold, we haven't been out very much. Chica is getting to be a fat little doggie, so I decided we needed to get her exercise somehow. I was watching the show "Dog Whisperer", and he puts his dogs on a treadmill when he doesn't have time to walk them. I decided I would give it a try. I knew as long as there were treats involved, Chica would be all for it. And that is all it took. They were a little nervous at first, but now it has become part of their daily routine. I use the treadmill first, and then I put them on after. They have this down now and as soon as the treadmill stops and beeps, the dogs come running out and hop on the treadmill. I don't even say anything. It makes me laugh. It is so funny! I decided to take a video of it. Of course it didn't go as well as usual, Ty was bugging them inside, so they took a little longer to come out, but I still didn't have to call them, they came on their own.
Friday, January 18, 2008
The Lazy Man's Dog Walking
Pretty cute huh? By the way, Christmas pictures are still coming. I haven't forgotten.
Posted by becca at 10:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Becca that is so funny! your such a good doggy-sitter!! I miss talking & seeing you.
That is the funniest thing! Who woulda thought dog's on treadmills??? Makes perfect sense!!
Becca I LOVE IT! We have a big lab that is also getting very fat this winter...wonder if we should try the treadmill out! I will have to let you know how it goes!
I'm amazed! They actually seem to be liking it too.
That is SO great! How long do they go for? What a clever idea. I was totally cracking up, I am gonna go get Phil to watch it, haha!
that's awesome. All we have is a stationary bike, and I haven't figured out how to get Oscar on that yet.
No one could love this video more than us!!! It was great! We can't believe how great the dogs look--even little Chica. John laughed...I cried. THANKS FOR TAKING SUCH GOOD CARE OF THE GIRLS!!!
No way! That is hysterical! I can't even believe it is real! I can't believe they actually do it!
I love seeing the dogs on your treadmill - our dog Belle loves to walk on our treadmill, too! She gets so excited when it's her turn. It's a great way to give them a little exercise, isn't it? So much easier than actually taking them out for a walk!!!
Post a Comment