Thursday, October 25, 2007

Soothing Cody

Ty can't stand to hear Cody cry. Any time Cody is crying, Ty either pretends to cry himself, or keeps repeating, "Oh, Cody's crying. It's okay Cody." Unfortunately, Cody likes to make his presence known most of the day. Ty has come up with his own ways to try and help him. It seems every time I come into the living room, Ty is trying out a new technique on his baby brother. Some actually work pretty good, others he gets in trouble for. (i.e. laying on Cody, trying to pick him up, or dumping all the toys on his head.) Here are a few of his soothing techniques that I have caught on film.
Here is Ty reading to Cody. I thought this was so cute! Ty made himself a little seat, and was really reading his book to Cody. Okay, well he can't read, but he has memorized a lot of it so he really was telling the story.
Ryan didn't want me to post this picture. I guess he is embarassed for Ty. I think it is pretty cute. This is Ty trying to feed Cody. He lifted his shirt up and said "milk cody". When I was little I used to always sit next to my mom while she was feeding one of my younger siblings, and I would pretend to feed my doll. Ty is a boy, so maybe Ryan is right and I should discourage this. I don't know. I still think it is cute.

And here is Ty singing to Cody. Ty just recently started singing and I love it. He actually knows quite a few songs. This would be a whole lot cuter if Ty wasn't couging through the whole thing. Yes, Ty is sick AGAIN! This cough is awful, and he has an ear infection too. His singing is still pretty cute though, and he even got a few smiles out of Cody.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't get over how musical Ty is. He reminds me of David at that age. Remember how he could sing all the words to "A Child's Prayer" and even stay on pitch most of the time. What cute kids! You and Ryan are such great parents.

Familia said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever seen! How sweet!

Anonymous said...

That's so precious. Ty is such a cute little boy!

michael said...

Very cute Becca. Ryan is right though, TY is never going to live that picture down.

Mike

Cam and Chaly said...

Hey! Thanks for saying hi! Your boys are so cute! Hope all is going well for you!
-Chaly