Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Happy Anniversary!


Okay, so I am a little late. Just pretend that the date at the top of this post is September 24. Ryan and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary last week! Look at us now. We are a family of four. We have had so much fun the last 4 years, and we look forward to the many years to come. I planned a secret celebration for us and it was all I could do to not spill the beans because I knew Ryan was going to LOVE it! My mom watched the boys for us, (thanks mom), and we headed up to Kamas. Ryan didn't know what we were doing until right before we left. I packed a fancy dinner of chicken mignon, baked beans, and fresh vegetables. I cooked the chicken before, and wrapped in tin foil. Then I packed two back packs with our special "Thompson Family Tradition" dinnerware, (a wedding gift from Gary and Marilyn Hansen), Sparkling Cider, Stuff to make a fire, and a cake for dessert. Then we saddled up the horses and rode up the mountain. It was such a pretty day and we were surrounded by the beautiful fall leaves. We found a nice meadow and made our dinner. It was such a fun little picnic! We played a couple rounds of Skip-Bo while we waited for our food to cook. Then we ate and headed back down the mountain. It was just perfect! Just our style! Thanks for the best four years of my life Ryan. I love you!

2 comments:

michael said...

WOW!! That makes our wedding anniversary look pathetic. We were able to get away from the kids for a couple of hours though. Happy anniversary to you.

Mike

Emily said...

You are such a cute wifey! Jon and I are going to the melting pot this year, cureousy of our Credit Card points. Shows you how much we're using our credit card ... but dinner will be fun!