Friday, September 21, 2007

Big Boy Pants!


Ty decided one day after reading his "Potty Time" book that he wanted to use the potty. I went along with it but I didn't really think anything would come of it. Sure enough, he went potty! I was shocked. I didn't know for sure if I was ready to potty train him. He has made it really easy on me though. He has been using the potty here and there for the last few weeks. Then his cousin Sam came into town and Ty saw his "big boy pants". Ty thought they were pretty cool, and he decided he wanted some too. So on Monday we went and bought some "big boy pants". He had one accident on Monday, but hasn't had one since. He feels so cool wearing his new underwear! I can't believe how well he is doing. I am sure we will have some more accidents, but I think he has done really well so far. Way to go Ty! And thanks to Sam for inspiring him!

6 comments:

Kristine said...

Becca, my jaw has dropped to the floor. You are making us look bad! Ha ha.

Way to go, Ty!

whitney holland. said...

Good job Becca and Ty! Hey I am setting my blog to private but want to add you as a "reader" send me your email address so I can add you! Send it to psholland@mac.com

Sasha said...

You are good! How old is Ty? Nik just started a month ago. Love ya & miss u!

Emily said...

Tee Hee! Ty is a knockout!

Elise said...

Wow-- way to go Ty! Gordon has gone to the bathroom on the toilet twice, but I think it scares him. When I asked him if he wanted to wear "big boy undies" he said, "No. I wear my diaper."

Okay then.

whitney holland. said...

Becca I got your email today and sent you an invite to view my blog! I decided to block it so random people aren't viewing for no reason! I have never actually met Sky, I just found her work and loved it so much. I seriously can't wait to have kids to take them to her! I am excited to see how your's turns out.