Friday, December 19, 2008

SANTA

This year was the first time we attempted the visit to Santa. Ty has been asking for the same things since October. A fire truck, an ambulance, a helicopter and a toy with a red hammer. It is quite the list I know. Whenever you ask him what he wants for Christmas he never fails to mention all four of those things. This year he is actually understanding the things we tell him about Christmas. He knows that we celebrate it to celebrate Christ's birth, and he knows that Santa is going to bring him presents. 


The other day while shopping at the mall, we walked past Santa. I showed Ty and told him he should tell him what he wants for Christmas so he can be sure to bring them. He was so excited he ran through the exit door yelling, "I want a fire truck, an ambulance......." he got all the way up to Santa before I stopped him. I wasn't expecting that reaction. He is usually more cautious than that. I hadn't brought my camera and I didn't want to miss out on the photos, so I told him we would go back the next day and he could sit on his lap and tell him what he wants for Christmas. 

So here is Ty rattling off his list for Santa. Look how cute Santa is to hold Ty's hand and listen so intently to what he has to say.  Ty wasn't nervous about sitting on his lap at all. Cody wouldn't go near though. 
And here is Santa deep in thought, trying to decide if Ty deserves these gifts. 
(Maybe he can see the future and knows that when we got home Ty was notty and peed on the floor. I don't know what came over him.)
So our Santa experience went really well. Ty is so excited for Christmas, and unless we have another notty incident, Santa has told me he got his four requested items. 

5 comments:

Amanda and Andy Hansen said...

The ones with the real beards are the best.

Heidi said...

That is a cute Santa, and Ty looks so cute telling him all about his wish list. I had a hard time getting David to narrow down his list.

How cool that you guys got to stay at the Atlantis resort! Several years ago (when Sophie was just a baby) we went on a company cruise to the Bahamas and sneaked onto the Atlantis resort for a visit one day. A little while later Oprah did a show from that resort!

Emily said...

Santa looks like my dad. I knew it all along! Can't wait to see you! We're coming Jan 8 - 15!

Thompson Family said...

How cute! I hope Summer will take a picture with Santa this year:)

Becky said...

Was that Santa cute enough? I went with Amy's kids, and Carson (age 4) went up to him with a picture of a bedroom that he wanted for Christmas. Santa told him that he had to talk to his parents, and that they had to approve. He also gave Amy a little advise on which toys were made better.