Let me start out by saying yesterday was one of the worst days of my life! Nothing went as planned. We had Cody blessed yesterday so that Ryan's parents would be able to attend. They left on a mission for Tonga today. We had to cram a lot into one day, and I had been dreading it, because I knew it was going to be a crazy day. I just didn't know how crazy. Ryan's parents farewell was first, and they did a wonderful job. They are going to be such awesome missionaries, and we are so excited for them. Their church ended at 12:10, and ours started at 12:50, so we had to run over to our sacrament meeting. We got there 15 minutes early, but there were no seats. We were so confused as to why there were so many people there. We soon realized our blessing wasn't the only special event that day. There was a missionary farewell, and a missionary homecoming all in the same day.
We had to sit at the very back of the second overflow. To make it worse, there was no air conditioning, and it felt like 100 degrees back there. When it came time for the blessing, Ryan took Cody through the maze of people, and finally made it up front. They all got in a circle and I kept waiting for them to start. It was taking so long, I didn't know what was going on. I soon realized the blessing had already started, and I couldn't hear so much as a whisper. They did not have a microphone!!!!!!! I just broke down and started crying, and everyone turned to stare at me. Here I had invited all these people to come to the blessing, and we couldn't hear a single word. I was so devastated. It only got worse from there. Our family and friends all left because of the heat, (I don't blame them, it was awful) except for a few members of my family. My family was sitting in the choir seats because there was no where else for them to sit, and when the bishop got up to introduce the speakers, he asked if they could please find somewhere else to sit. (They were confused because he was the one who told them to sit there in the first place.) I was so embarassed for them.
So anyway, the last of my problems came when I wanted to get a picture of our family. I had remembered my camera, but had left the battery at home charging. By the time we got home Ty was in a really bad mood, (I was too), and we hurried and got a couple pictures. None of the whole family, because we didn't have anyone to take it.
This is the only one with me. Ty is crying and my eyes are closed. Cute huh?
This one of Ryan and the kids actually turned out pretty cute. At least we had a semi happy note to end the day on.
3 comments:
BECCA!!! Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry again! I thought my day was bad yesterday! WRONG! You won! Take care & don't stress. Love ya tons! Sasha
Oh no, Becca!! Sounds like a terrible day! We were so sorry to have missed it, but now I'm not so sure! LOL! I must say, your family pictures are really cute! (even if not all of you are in it at once!) You should see the ones we have on Noah's blessing day... not good!!
Journal entry material my dear. What would life be like without days like this? It just makes life exciting and unpredictable. Take my word for it, Ryan did a great job. There were advantages to being forced to sit on the stand and be humiliated and asked to move. . .
Post a Comment