Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Introducing Lily Mckay Gowans


We had an exciting day today! My little sister Kathryn and her husband Jacob welcomed their little baby girl into the world today. She was born this morning at about 10:45. Lily weighed in at 7 lbs. 10 oz. and she is 19 inches long. She is beautiful! What makes this day even more exciting is that it is Ryan's birthday! Ryan has been predicting all along that Kathryn would have her baby on his birthday. Kathryn didn't want to believe it because it meant her going about two weeks past her due date. Unfortunately for her it came true. Ryan is very happy about it. Here are a few pictures of the family.






This picture is taken after she had her nice relaxing bath. They even gave her a cute hair due.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

toooooo dang cute! oxoxo sasha

Anonymous said...

What a doll! I love the hair - I had 3 babies with hair like that. I feel so bad I missed her baby shower. I need to get a gift up to your Mom. Congratulate her for me - what a fun mother's day for her!!

Kristine said...

What a cutie! We are so happy that things went well :) Is it just me, or does she look like Jacob in these pics?! Please send our love to Kathryn and Jacob!

michael said...

how cute. I think she looks more like Kath...thank goodness!!!
-mike

Emily said...

Way to go Kathryn! I know how stressful it can be to go past your due date, but then it's such a relief to ahve t all over with. Don't we all think she will have to start a blog with Lily's commings and goings now? YES we do! I must plan a trip to Utah soon to meet up with Kathryn and her pretty little lady.