Monday, October 23, 2006

Ty's Favorite Things


Wow, what a week! Ty is still sick, so much for a short illness this time! His fever hit 104 over the weekend and I took him to the doctor. They called me yesterday to let me know he has strep throat. Poor little guy. I'm told it won't last too much longer. When he is sick, he becomes a binky boy. He knows he can only have the binky when he is laying down, and when he doesn't feel good, he will just lay around all day sucking on his binky. He loves that binky. I have planned to take it away many times, but I just can't bring myself to do it. We have so many trips planned, and I think if he has his binky it will make things a little easier for him. Eventually I will have to do it, but it is going to be so hard on both of us. I thought if I found something else he really likes, maybe I could trade him that for the binky. The two things other than his binky that he can't live without are his books, and pens. His first words in the morning are mama, dada, book, and pen.

I don't know what it is about pens that he loves so much, but if I give him one, his face lights up and he carries it around with him everywhere. Obviously I can't put him to bed with a handful of pens, that would be dangerous, so that leaves me with his books. He loves to be read to, and I often find him sitting looking through his books all by himself. Although, un-supervised he is a danger to his books. We have already replaced a few. So I don't know if putting him to bed with his books is a good idea either, because all we would be left with in the morning is pieces of books. I guess there is just no easy way to do it. I am not going to buy any of the 18 month pacifiers though, they are huge, so next month, whether we like it or not, the binky has to go. It is going to be a sad day!

1 comments:

Kristine said...

Actually becca I still use a binky. Mom just sent me the 348 month binky. It's great.
mike