As I mentioned in the last post, Ty is 16 months old. He was relatively healthy from birth until 12 months, but something happened when he turned 1. Something bad! He cannot go more then a month without getting sick. He has had RSV, Influenza, Roseola, Asthma attacks, and the list goes on. I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I promise I keep him clean. I bathe him regularly, I wash his hands multiple times a day, I keep him away from kids that I know have illnesses. I do everything I know to keep him healthy, but it doesn't work. The day after I left to Alaska, he got sick, and was sick the whole time I was gone, and a few days after I got back. That was when he got Roseola. So that was around September 25. Over the weekend I was thinking uh oh, it has almost been a month, time for Ty's monthly illness. I checked him a few times a day to make sure he didn't have a fever. I could feel it was coming. Sure enough, yesterday afternoon, while eating dinner at Grandma's and Grandpa's, Ty threw up. Right after, he got a fever of 101.9. We took him home and gave him Tylenol, and that worked for an hour, until his fever climbed again, this time to 103.3! It was pretty scary, but with the help of otter pops, and ib profen, we got the fever under control. Today he is a little Grumpy, but feeling pretty good. Hopefully we got a short one this time. When will it ever end? Although he doesn't feel his best, he will still smile for the camera.
Monday, October 16, 2006
Sick Ty
Posted by becca at 6:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Cute picture, Becca! He is looking bigger since we last saw him. You think he gets sick now-- wait until he is in nursery! Kira's first real "cold" didn't come until she started going, and they just keep coming. I hope he gets better soon :)
Kristine
What a cute little blog you have!! I think I will start me one too. Sorry your little guy gets sick all the time. How weird. He is such a cutie though!! I really hope we can all get together soon. That would be so fun! Jared and I are always down in Utah a lot so, we'll see you sometime. Talk to you soon. -Sara
Becca, nice job with the blog. See you for Thanksgiving.
Ty is so cute! He definitely has your smile. Kids get sick all the time, and Ty getting sick does not mean you're a bad mom! Anyhoo, take care, and write me.
Post a Comment