Thursday, January 15, 2009

Winter Walk

Every January we get a little sick of the cold weather and a little sick of the being stuck inside. While I really want it to snow, a lot, so my dad can try out his new snow blower we all got him for Christmas, I couldn't help being really excited when I saw the 40 degree weather forecasted for this week. Oh the things we could do in 40 degree weather. Okay, not much, but we did head out for a walk. Ty insisted on walking both the dogs which made for a really slow walk, but we weren't really going for the exercise, so it was okay. 
This is what are walk looked like most of the way. Cody chasing after Ty. 
Apparently I haven't succeeded in teaching Ty that there are cars that use this road also. 
This is where Ty decided to take us into more challenging terrain. Look at Cody and the dogs both looking back at me like, "Is he serious?"
And here is little Cody thinkin' he's the man because he just tried to do a somersault on the cement. Ouch! So that was our winter walk. Very refreshing!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

How fun. Man, Cody is getting big! Glad for the nice weather here too, but I could use some more snow myself.

Sasha said...

Cody is HUGE! I can't believe it! What a fun walk. Ty is so cute with the dogs.

Thompson Family said...

I love the picture where Cody and the dogs are looking back at you! You have some cute boys:)

Kat said...

40 Bec. That is freezing but then Jacob says I am always cold. I guess 40 sounds a lot better than the 0 degrees we have here with -20 windshield.

Emily said...

It was fun to see you for two seconds. Sorry it couldn't have been longer. Cody was sure cute, and I missed seeing Ty. Abby would have loved to play with him. One of these days... one of these days...

Carol said...

I'm impressed that you took the kids out for a walk at all. What's my excuse for not exercising? Maybe I need to get a dog, eh?

Brady and Britton said...

I love those pictures. Your boys are so cute. I bet it was nice to get out for a walk, it gets so boring just staying inside all day. Good job for getting out and going on a walk!

Carebear's Thoughts said...

Boy, the boys are sure growing up fast. I can't believe how big Cody is now. They sure are cute. The pictures you take are great.