Thursday, September 18, 2008

Georgia Lullaby

Ty sang this song to me the other night, and it melted my heart. I have been singing it to him since he was a baby. It never seemed to be one of his favorites, but is was one of mine because my mom sang it to me when I was little, and her mom sang it to her when she was little. I didn't know he knew the words so well. This is so sweet!

And just because I feel like I haven't posted much about Cody lately, here is a video of him. Although he is definitely not a performer. He doesn't do anything upon request. So mostly it is just him running around.

11 comments:

Alesha said...

How cute! I love Ty's little voice!

Anonymous said...

What a great singer you have, Becca!

Carol said...

Ah, that just about made me cry. He asked for that song EVERY night while you were in Alaska. When I'd finish singing, he'd say, "Again!" So, he heard it many, many times that week. I told him I used to sing it to you when you were little and that my mother sang it to me. He thought that was pretty cool. Amazing what kids pick up. He's got a great little voice and even carries a pretty good tune. I'll be forever grateful you and Kathryn recorded those two songs for me.

Thompson Family said...

You have two very cute little boys! Ty sings so well! And little Cody...it's funny to watch him not do what you want him to do, although I'm sure it's frustrating for you sometimes:) Cute, cute kids!

Anonymous said...

Cute! Ty has inherited the singing gene from his mom! Way to go, Cody - I don't like to perform on request either. I didn't know dogs brushed their teeth!

Kat said...

OK how sweet was that song. I wish Lily would sing the songs I sing to her. The other day I heard her singing one of jacobs rock songs. It must have been stuck in her head because she sang it all day. I don't believe that Cody can do all those things you were asking him to do and say. Until I see him do it I won't believe it. I think you were just making it up.

brady and britton said...

Cute cute boys!! I love Ty's little singing voice, it's so stinking cute! I can't wait to eat some of your halibut tomorrow at grandma and grandpas! It will be so yummy! I also can't wait to see you guys, it's been way too long....unacceptable.

Familia said...

Both your boys are so so cute! And what a voice he has! Who did he get that from! ha ha ha.

Matt Olsen Family said...

Cute! It was fun to see you guys yesterday, but too short!

Becky said...

That song was adorable! What a cutie! I loved that Cody didn't do one thing you asked him to. It reminded me of a Simpsons show, where Bart tried to get the dog to do stuff, and then just told him to do what he was already doing, like, "Sniff your butt, good dog!"

Emily said...

That video of Ty is going to end up on the news when he's famous. But the video of Cody might not be as popular. He's still cute though!