Monday, March 05, 2007

Free Day at the Zoo

Ty and I have taken advantage of all the free zoo days this winter. It has been a blast! I didn't think we would be able to enjoy the zoo when it is so cold outside, but it wasn't so bad. I forgot how many indoor exhibits there are, and they are all so hot and humid inside, I was excited to get back out in the cold. Ty LOVES the zoo. The monkeys, giraffes and elephants are his favorites. Last time, the baby orangutan came up to the window and kissed it. Ty laughed his head off, and he still talks about it every time he sees a picture of a monkey. We will definitely be making many more trips to the zoo, unfortunately we will have to start paying for it, as February was the last month they have the free day. I had a hard time getting Ty to pose with any of the real animals. And actually to tell the truth, I am a horrible photographer. So, most of my pictures are with the animal statues.
This is what happens when I try to capture two moving objects. Disaster! Ty is never very helpful about looking at the camera either.
The elephants were inside this day because it was too cold. Ty thinks this statue is pretty cool though.
It's a miracle. I got a pretty good shot. Ty is actually smiling, (look really closely). He can never see the real tiger because it is always lying down. Ty likes the animals he can see moving around.

1 comments:

Marc said...

We finally broke down and bought zoo passes out here. Sam loves the lions but he's scared to death of the goats. Go figure.